12 août 2011

A THINKING MAN’S SPORT part 3.

''Reading a race is a process by which you evaluate all available information and arrive at AN EDUACATED GUESS.''  Thomas Prehn

The following interview is taken from Slowtchich.com

ST: Were you surprised by Brownlee’s attack during the bike?

Laurent: I actually didn’t realize he attacked until half way through the bike. I thought it was Stuey Hayes. It’s only my fault, it started to rain hard and the course got very slippery. For a while I was quite deep in the peloton so I couldn’t really react right on time. Alistair is an aggressive racer so I am not surprised he would want to get away. Both Brownlees are great athletes but they are not the only ones. They have brought triathlon to a new level but I can feel that some other athletes are reaching them step by step.

To read a race is a matter of paying attention of what's going on before and in the race:  watching, surveying, evaluating everything.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire